Casa Benito Project
Proposed new building
Help us help rural hondurans realize their potential through the construction of a community center and volunteer housing complex in rural Opatoro
The Casa Benito Project is our response to the need for safe, reliable housing for our volunteers, as well as for other NGOs working in the region. In imagining the potential of Casa Benito, we discovered that the building could be so much more than a place to sleep.
How You Can Help
- Name a room!
- Buy a “bloque”(brick)!
- Host a fundraiser!
- Attend a presentation!
- Volunteer during the build!
- Become a sustaining member!
Casa Benito will be a space for myriad works that align with our mission, opening its doors for:
- Parenting programs that promote raising healthy families
- Classes for health care providers, rural
- nurses and health promoters
- Nutrition courses for selected regional
- health volunteers
- Educational opportunities for children
- Expanded collaboration with universities in the capital
- Creating jobs through teaching marketable skills
- Hosting US university/Honduran dental brigades
Casa Benito + Sustainability
The health of the planet and of the local community are tantamount to CHP-H. Casa
Benito will feature:
- Solar power
- Rainwater collection for gardens
- Recycling of plastics, glass, + aluminum
- Organic compost for local farm distribution
- Water filtration to provide clean running water and reduce plastic bottle waste
- Medicinal gardens for herbalists to use in teaching natural remedies